Tuesday 9 December 2014

Harness The Compound Effect Before Your Self Belief Kicks In

Long before I really believed in my dream to work for myself from home, I had the mindset that I would figure it out along the way. My thinking was that I’d be better off than where I was then so ‘what the hell and why not?’ So with my lack of knowledge and heart full of passion I started off four years ago not knowing anything about online marketing, blogging or click through rates and all that other jargon.

Looking back now I can see how that attitude really served me and helped me to harness what is often referred to as The Compound Effect. The compound effect doesn't discriminate; it simply multiplies that which you deposit into each day. I started off where I was and didn't look back from there. I stayed consistent, fell off course a couple of times… but each time I would get back on the horse after licking my wounds. As time went by, I would get little victories here and there which would spur me on and build up my belief and those are really what kept me going.


Starting off with massive self belief in any venture is ideal, but if you don’t and instead have loads of desire and commitment, you can still get the ball rolling by showing up everyday. When the compound effect kicks in, you’ll have enough physical evidence that you are the real deal because you stuck with it for long enough (this is the crucial bit… time). With time, you’ll begin to get the results which confirm that you are indeed that which you set out to be.

“You just can't beat the person who won't give up” - Babe Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment