Tuesday 12 October 2010

What is "normal"?

I’m not entirely sure how we came up with the concept of “normal”. Over the past few months it’s been my experience that nothing is the same for everyone. Normal to me seems to be behaviour which is considered least controversial, offensive etc but is not necessarily a reality for anyone. I can understand how some people may choose to reject God yet others cling to Him for dear life. I can understand how one can commit suicide because they really can’t see the glass as half full or the light at the end of the tunnel. Nothing is a given in life and each person’s reality is just a reflection of their experience of this thing we call life. I feel that if more people became aware of this, we would be a less judgemental race – we would appreciate each other more and we would get to see life from six billion points of view! Try it – the next time someone does or says something you consider outrageous, step into their shoes for a moment and your eyes may just be opened up to a whole new world…

No comments:

Post a Comment