Monday 21 September 2015

Push - Pull... Use Whichever Serves You

The time I take my morning walks coincides with the time when most people are sitting in traffic on their way to work. My route today took me past a main road where, as anticipated, people were sitting in bumper to bumper traffic before the sun had fully risen.

We all face challenges in business (and life) from time to time and any honest home based business builder will be the first person to tell you that. However, even with this being the case, I distinctly remember thinking this morning that no matter how bad things may get with my business, I NEVER want to find myself in a space where I'm forced to be in that situation on a daily basis.

As I walked past all the cars (yes, my leisurely pace was faster than the speed the traffic was moving at), I noticed the different types of people in the cars:
- The chain smokers who smoke the wasted time away
- The music lovers who pump their music on high volume all the way to work
- The neurotics - who are hooting constantly whilst trying to squeeze themselves into non-existent spaces
- The depressed individuals who are wondering whether this is what life has come to.... spending two plus hours a day in traffic.

As much as each of these people were experiencing the traffic in different ways - one thing is for sure... I didn't envy any of them!

This reminded me of something I remember Tony Robbins saying a few years back... That if the vision of where you are headed isn't yet strong enough to pull you forward - use the pain of where you are coming from to push you forward. If imagining yourself on your private yacht seems impossible for now, then use the pain of always missing family functions because of work commitments as motivation. Let the pain PUSH you until the vision can PULL you. 
The bottom line is that you need to stay in motion - moving closer toward your best life on a daily basis. As time goes on and as you achieve more, it will become easier to focus your energy on where you are headed to versus where you are coming from. 


No comments:

Post a Comment