Friday 17 September 2010

Have you taken your daily trip?

Are you one of those people who take themselves on a daily guilt trip? I was…I would abuse myself emotionally (which is essentially what it is!) over things I had done, things I hadn’t done and things I should have done! My day was never complete without my daily trip. As weird as it may sound I would actually feel good afterwards because as far as my mind was concerned I had “dealt” with those issues (well at least until the following day’s session!). It was only when I learnt that guilt is the minds way of tricking you into thinking you have resolved an issue that I knew things had to change. As we all know old habits die hard but I’m doing very well. I now choose to act from a place of love. I love myself over things I have done, over those I haven’t done and over those I should have done, then I actually deal with the “issues” at hand. From time to time the guilt tries to creep back in – when that does happen, I remind it and myself that it doesn’t live here anymore!

Let go of guilt – It’s nothing more than useless excess baggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment